Can I detach the Magnetic Ring Holder and attach it to my phone again?
No. The sticker on the back of the ring holder is disposable and can only be used once.
Can I detach the Magnetic Phone Clamp and mount it to my phone again?
What is the magnetic force of DJI OM 4? 50 N.
Is the surface of DJI OM 4, the Magnetic Ring Holder, and the Magnetic Phone Clamp easily worn down?
Due to the new quick-release design, these parts may be worn down due to constant attaching and detaching. However, it won’t have any impact on the functions and performance as long as your OM 4 is still under warranty.
Will the magnetic design of DJI OM 4 affect my phone or other objects?
DJI OM 4 will not affect the performance of the phone attached to it. However, some phones may require callibration after mounting. The magnetic design may influence other magnetic products. Do not put OM 4 near a bank card, cardiac pacemaker, hard drive, or similar devices.
Does DJI OM 4 support phones that are lighter and thinner than average?
For more information, please refer to the phone compatibility list on the official DJI website.
How do I correctly mount the magnetic phone clamp or magnetic ring holder to OM 4?
Avoid pinching your fingers and ensure the phone is mounted correctly.
What do I do if the gimbal is visible in the frame after attaching a phone?
Due to wide-angle lenses and phone sizes, some users may see the gimbal in camera view. Users can try the following:
Adjust the position of the magnetic phone clamp and move it away from the camera until the gimbal is excluded from the camera view.
Does DJI OM 4 require balancing before use?
No. Due to powerful motors, accurate balancing is not needed for DJI OM 4. When using the magnetic phone clamp, you only need to keep it approximately in the middle of the phone; when using the magnetic ring holder, please follow the instructions and attach it correctly.
What phones do DJI OM 4 support?
For detailed information, please refer to the phone compatibility list on the official DJI website.
Does DJI OM 4 support Gesture Control? What gestures are supported?
Yes. Connect your phone to OM 4, launch the DJI Mimo app, tap the gesture icon next to the shutter and tap (?) to view detailed instructions. OM 4 can recognize the “palm” and “V” gestures.
How do I use ActiveTrack 3.0?
There are three ways to use ActiveTrack:
1. Press the trigger to track the subject in the middle of the frame automatically;
2. Manually select and track the subject in the app interface;
3. Enable Gesture Control and use a gesture in (?) to begin tracking, take a photo, or record a video.
How do I switch between Portrait and Landscape orientation?
Power on OM 4, and press the M button twice to switch between the two orientations. You can also transition between portrait and landscape by rotating the roll axis manually.
How do I enter Standby mode with OM 4?
1. Power on DJI OM 4 and press the M button till you hear a beep indicating the gimbal is already in Standby mode;
2. Power on OM 4 and press the M button three times to enter Standby mode.
Once standby mode is enabled, press any button to exit the mode.
How do I use SpinShot?
When the gimbal is in video, slow motion or Hyperlapse mode, go to settings and enable SpinShot. Use the joystick to complete a spin shot of 270 degrees.
How do I use the customized templates in Story mode?
Go to Story mode in camera view and select Custom Story.
How do I use DynamicZoom?
Tap DynamicZoom mode in camera view, and start using this function by walking steadily forward or backward.
How do I use CloneMe?
Select CloneMe from Pano, tap the shutter, and OM 4 will automatically take a photo every five seconds and move the gimbal to the next position. After taking three photos, it will automatically stitch them into one photo.
How do I lock the gimbal?
Power on DJI OM 4, then press and hold the trigger to lock the gimbal.
How do I enable Sport mode?
1. Connect your phone with DJI Mimo app and enable Sport mode in settings;
2. Power on DJI OM 4, press the trigger, and then press again and hold to switch to Sport mode. Once you release the trigger, Sport mode will be disabled."
How do I recenter OM 4?
Make sure the gimbal is powered on and working normally, then quickly press the trigger twice to recenter the gimbal.
How do I switch between the front and rear cameras?
1. Switch between the front and rear camera in the DJI Mimo app;
2. Quickly press the trigger three times.
Does OM 4 support Bluetooth?
Compared with Wi-Fi connection, what are the advantages of OM 4 Bluetooth connection?
Connecting via Bluetooth is faster than connecting via Wi-Fi. Devices using Bluetooth will link automatically once they are paired. Connecting via Bluetooth also saves more energy than connecting via Wi-Fi does.
How do I forget connected devices?
1. Forget connected devices in the Bluetooth settings of your mobile phone.
2. Press and hold the shutter button, trigger, and M button simultaneously for one second to forget the connected device.
Is the firmware of Osmo Mobile 3 also compatible with OM 4?
No. DJI Mimo app will provide the correct firmware version once connected.
How do I know the firmware update status of OM 4?
When the firmware is updating, the status indicator will flash red and green. If the firmware update is successful, the indicator will turn solid green. If the firmware update fails, the indicator will flash red and green, and simultaneously, you will be notified in the DJI Mimo app.
What do I do if the firmware update fails?
1. Restart the gimbal and try again;
2. If your phone still fails to connect with DJI OM 4, please contact DJI After-Sales. "
How do I control the zoom of my phone with DJI OM 4?
Use the adjustable zoom slider on the left side of the handle to zoom in and out. Image quality is subject to the phone's camera performance.
How many operation modes does DJI OM 4 support? There are 4 modes: Upright, Underslung, Flashlight, and Side Grip.
Is DJI OM 4 waterproof?
What should I do if the gimbal is unbalanced after powering on?
1. Check if the phone has been properly mounted onto the gimbal;
2. Perform Gimbal Auto Calibration;
3. Perform Horizontal Gimbal Adjustment in the DJI Mimo app."
Can I use DJI OM 4 with a phone case?
1. It is not recommended to attach the ring holder to a phone case;
2. Phone cases can be used with the magnetic phone clamp.
What’s the difference between DJI OM 4 and Osmo Mobile 3?
1. Brand-new magnetic quick-release design for a more convenient mounting experience;
2. DJI OM 4 is integrated with new intelligent shooting modes such as DynamicZoom and CloneMe;
3. DJI OM 4 supports Flashlight mode.
4. DJI OM 4 has a stronger motor.
Can I use ActiveTrack, Timelapse, and Pano in Portrait orientation? Yes.
Is ActiveTrack 3.0 equally effective when shooting with the front and rear cameras?
The front and back cameras perform similarly in terms of tracking. However, only the back camera is able to track a person’s profile and continue tracking even if the subject turns his/her face.
Can ActiveTrack 3.0 follow pets and children? How reliable is it?
Yes. However, the precision may differ between smartphones, and it performs better when tracking a single child (0 to 6 years old) or pet.
What are the differences between Timelapse, Motionlapse, and Hyperlapse?
1. Timelapse is suitable for recording the passing of time at a fixed scene by mounting the OM 4 on a tripod or base.
2. Motionlapse allows users to record a moving timelapse video by setting camera points.
3. Hyperlapse allows users to record everything passing by as they hold the gimbal in hand and walk. ActiveTrack 3.0 provides more options for flexible shooting."
Can I set camera parameters in the DJI Mimo app?
1. For iPhones, tap the camera icon to adjust ISO, S, and EV, and change the white balance in settings;
2. As of now, Android devices cannot change exposure parameters via the DJI Mimo app."
Can I adjust the tracking speed with the DJI Mimo app? No.
Can I set the zoom speed with the DJI Mimo app? Yes.
Can I set the speed of the joystick? Yes.
Can I set video resolution?
Yes. The maximum video resolution depends on your phone’s camera. Please visit the official DJI website for the compatibility list.
Will changing the video resolution in DJI Mimo directly affect my phone’s video resolution? No.
During recording, does the DJI Mimo app show how much video storage space is remaining on my phone? No.
Can I shoot slow motion videos?
For iPhones, yes. For other smartphones, it depends on the phone’s camera. Please visit the official DJI website for the compatibility list.
Why does it take so much time to generate a DynamicZoom video?
The algorithms for image stabilization and zooming require a certain amount of time for calculation.
Can I enable metering, pull focus, or manual zoom when recording a Motionlapse video? Motionlapse does not support manual zoom, but you can adjust other general parameters.
How many camera points can I set for Motionlapse?
At least two points and four points at most.
Can I also save the original photos when shooting a Panorama?
Yes. You can enable the “Save Pano Original” function in camera settings in Pano mode.
Where are photos and videos captured by DJI OM 4 stored?
All photos and videos will be saved to the phone's album.
Can I use Glamour Effects for photos and video?
Yes. Some smartphones support shooting 1080p or 720p videos with Glamour Effects enabled.
Can Glamour Effects be enabled when shooting with the front and rear camera? Yes.
Can I record with a live view with the DJI Mimo app? No.
Can I use an external microphone connected to the smartphone when recording with the DJI Mimo app? Yes
For multi-lens devices, which lens does the DJI Mimo app use?
It supports all lenses on iPhone devices. You choose the one you need.
For Android phones, it depends on the camera of your phone. Generally, it supports the main camera and ultra-wide-angle camera of most smartphones."
How many panorama modes does OM 4 support?
And what are the differences. "There are three different panoramas, all of which support landscape and portrait shooting:
1. 3×3 Panorama automatically takes and stitches together nine photos;
2. 240° Panorama automatically takes and merges seven photos;
3. CloneMe Pano automatically takes and merges three photos.
What is the difference between saving photos and videos on Android versus iOS systems?
iOS systems will save the photos and videos to the album. Android devices save photos and videos in storage or the microSD card.
Can I set image quality for ActiveTrack and Pano?
Can I swap out the battery?
The built-in battery cannot be swapped out.
How do I charge DJI OM 4?
What is the charging current for it? You can charge OM 4 via the Type-C USB charging port on the right side of the handle. The recommended charging current is 2 A.
How do I charge a mobile device with DJI OM 4?
OM 4 can be used to charge other devices via the USB port at the right side of the handle. The maximum current is 1.4 A.
Can I use DJI OM 4 when it is charging a mobile device? Yes.
Do I need to activate the battery before use? No.
Can I use DJI OM 4 when it is being charged? Yes
Can I use DJI OM 4’s USB cable to charge other devices? It is not recommended.
How do I know which device is mine if there are multiple DJI OM 4 units around my phone?
Each device has a number on the side of the phone holder. Users can choose the device in the DJI Mimo app. Users can also change the device name in the app.
Can DJI OM 4 control the camera of my phone?
1. It can control camera/video taking of most smartphones.
2. It can control Huawei smartphones (EMUI 10.0 and above) to take photos, zoom, switch between front and rear cameras and switch between camera and video modes."
What should I do if I want to connect DJI OM 4 to another phone?
1. Disconnect the previous phone and disable its Bluetooth. Then connect OM 4 to another smartphone.
2. When powering on the OM 4, press the M button, trigger, and Shutter button at the same time for one second to clear the existing connection, and then connect OM 4 to another smartphone.
What should I do when DJI OM 4 is connected to my phone but is not functioning?
1. Turn off DJI OM 4;
2. Clear the previous connection in the Bluetooth setting of your smartphone. Disable and then enable the Bluetooth of the smartphone;
3. Restart DJI Mimo.
* If the above steps still cannot solve the problem, you can directly connect to Bluetooth in the DJI Mimo app, and choose not to pair the devices."
What is the size of the mounting hole at the bottom of the gimbal?
The mounting hole at the bottom of DJI OM 4 is the standard 1/4"- 20 UNC port, which is compatible with most tripods.
Can I attach an external lens to my phone when using OM 4?
Yes. However, external lenses may affect the balance of the gimbal. Large, heavy lenses are not recommended. Please ensure the total weight of the lenses and the phone is less than 290 grams.
Is DJI OM 4 compatible with the Osmo Mobile 3 Grip Tripod? Yes.
Can DJI OM 4 be stored in the Osmo Carrying Case? Yes.