Dual-Mode 360 & Standard Pocket Camera
1/2" Sensor, 72MP 360° Photos
5.7K Dual-Lens 360 Auto-Stitched Capture
4K Single-Lens Standard Camera Mode
2.29" LCD Touchscreen
33' Waterproof without Housing
Bluetooth 5.0 Support, iOS/Android App
360° Horizon Lock
Pocket-Sized 360° Video
With an upgraded 1/2" sensor and larger touchscreen, the Insta360 X3 360° Camera is capable of capturing high definition 360° and single-lens video with one portable action camera. The X3 offers an action-ready design with AI-powered software for an intuitive approach to creating dynamic content in any environment. Its rugged IPX8 design is natively waterproof up to 33' and has a built-in rechargeable 1800mAh battery for increased shooting time.
5.7K 360° Video, 4K Single-Lens Mode
Dual 360° lenses on the X3 can capture up to 5.7K video and 72MP photos with ease. You can switch to single-lens shooting and record 4K video at up to 30 fps. For extremely wide-angle 170° shots, turn on MaxView mode with 2.7K resolution.
Audio Algorithm Updates
The X3 can capture stereo audio with reduced wind noise and 360° enhancement. Using four built-in microphones and an upgraded audio algorithm, the X3 records more natural and balanced audio than its predecessor. It also allows you to use Voice Control 2.0 to switch your settings when your camera is mounted out of reach on a selfie stick or head strap.
AI reframing tools automatically reframe your shot in 360° while you toggle between different capture modes. "Me" Mode creates the effect of an invisible selfie stick and films video up to 1080p at 30 and 60 fps. The effect creates the equivalent of 5.7K reframing and supports 16:9 and 9:16 aspect ratios. This AI interface eliminates the need to reframe your footage in post while capturing aerial angles and third-person perspectives, no matter the selfie stick configuration.
Ultrasmooth, Stabilized Footage
The X3 ensures your footage remains stabilized thanks to its 6-axis gyroscope and FlowState Stabilization technology. 360° active HDR mode is specifically designed for action sports like ziplining and mountain biking by keeping your video stable as you move while maintaining details in the highlights and shadows for more vibrant footage. Horizon lock keeps the horizontal plane of your video consistent and allows the camera to rotate freely while keeping the sky-line level.
New Recording Modes
- Shoot up to 8K 360° timelapse and 4K resolution slow-motion bullet time video at 120 fps.
- Pre-recording mode helps anticipate the action before it happens by beginning a recording 15 to 30 seconds before the shutter is pressed. This ensures you capture the exact moment you reel in the big fish of the day or surf the best wave. When enabled, the camera records audio and video continuously for the interval of your choice, but it only saves to your SD card when the shutter is pressed.
- Loop recording continuously records video while simultaneously saving every minute of recording into separate files. This saves memory card space and can turn the X3 into a dashcam.
Upgraded Controls and Monitoring
- A larger 2.29" touchscreen on the back of the camera provides a clear view of your footage as you shoot it. Four operating buttons with vibration feedback toggle between shooting modes for quick control.
- 50% faster Wi-Fi and upgraded Bluetooth 5.0 technology provide faster file transfers compared to the previous model for faster editing with the iOS/Android app.
AI Editing and Photo Animator
Using the Insta360 app with your smartphone, you can easily edit clips for social media with new effects and modes. A regularly updated database of creative effects provides easy-to-use templates like Nose Mode, Sky Swap, and Street Lapse. Have the app turn your 360° photos into animated videos with the Photo Animator using AI facial recognition and preset effects.
35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 6.7mm
Run Time: 81min TBD
Max Video Bitrate: 120Mbps
Gyroscope: 6-axis gyroscope
Live Streaming: 360 Live, Reframe Live (streamer sets a fixed perspective)
Exposure Value: ±4EV
ISO Range: 100～3200
Photo: 1/8000 - 120s
Video: 1/8000 - to the limit of frames per second
White Balance: 2000K-10000K
· Wind Reduction
· Stereo · Direction Focus
Audio Format: 48 kHz, 16bits, AAC
Bluetooth: BLE 5.0
* Note: This version only supports wired connection to Android devices (via Micro-USB or Type-C). It does not support wired connection to iOS devices. Full wireless support is available for both iOS and Android.
MicroSD Card: UHS-I V30 speed class, exFAT format SD cards with a max storage of 1TB are recommended.
Battery Capacity: 1800mAh
Charging Method: Type-C USB
Charging Time: 90min（5V/3A）
Operating Temperature: -4°F to 104°F (-20℃ to 40℃)
Single Lens Mode：
INSP (can be exported via mobile app or desktop Studio)
DNG RAW (PureShot photos must be edited on desktop)
Single Lens: MP4
Photo Modes: Standard, HDR, Burst, Interval, Starlapse
Video Modes: Standard, Active HDR, Timelapse, TimeShift, Bullet Time, Loop Recording
Color Profiles: Vivid, Standard, LOG
Dimensions (W x H x D): 114x46x33.1 mm
Compatible with iOS mobile devices with chips A11 or above and iOS version 11.0 or above, including iPhone SE 2, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 mini, iPad Air (2020), iPad Pro and newer iPad models.
Compatible with Android mobile devices that meet the following capabilities, including:
• Android devices with Kirin 980 and above chips, including Huawei Mate 20, P30 or newer models.
• Android devices with Snapdragon 845 and above chips, including Samsung Galaxy S9, Xiaomi Mi 8 or newer models.
• Android devices with Exynos 9810 and above chips, including Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+, Note9 and newer models.
• Android devices with Tensor chips, including Google Pixel 6.
1. Devices that do not meet the above requirements may still be able to use the app to control the camera, however, performance of some processor-intensive and AI-powered features may be sub-optimal.
2. After testing, phones equipped with Qualcomm SDM765 5G chips have poor hardware decoding capabilities and are not supported for use, such as OPPO Reno 3 5G.
3. App installation requires a mobile phone with a 64-bit system. A 32-bit system does not support app installation.
4. The Snap Wizard feature is only compatible with iPhone 8 or above models (A11 or above chips); iPads with M1 chips; and Android devices with Kirin 990 and above chips (e.g. Huawei Mate 30 and above), Snapdragon 855 and above chips (e.g. Google Pixel 4/Xiaomi Mi 9 and above), or Exynos 990 and above chips (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S20 and above).
In the box
X3 × 1
Battery × 1
Charging Cable × 1
Protective Pouch × 1
Lens Cloth × 1
WHY BUY FROM US?
By buying from Ferntech, you'll have the confidence that you are dealing directly with New Zealand's leading drone experts. Our staff are knowledgable drone pilots who offer expert advice, trusted support and superior specialist service. Only through us will you receive a full New Zealand warranty, phone and email support, and access to our certified Repairs Centre with DJI-qualified drone technicians. And we guarantee that we will have the best prices on the market — if not let us know and we will match any price (conditions apply).