Part 102 Advanced Drone Pilot Certificate
Or 4 interest-free payments of $316.25 with Learn more.
The Advanced 102 Drone Pilot Certificate is essential for pilots flying for a Part 102 certificated organisation and for operating within 4km of an aerodrome.
The Advanced 102 Drone Pilot Certificate is essential for anyone who wants to fly as a pilot for a Part 102 organisation. This course includes all of the content of the 101 Drone Pilot Certificate, plus an additional day in the classroom covering advanced material for Part 102 operations. Learn about the broader legal framework for UAS operations including trespass and privacy, systems failures, accident and incident reporting under Part 102, and the Part 102 certification process, documentation, and expectations.
With a part 102 certification it can provide you with an opportunity to relax some of the restrictions of Part 101. Some of the privileges available are:
- Flying at night
- Low flying areas
- Obtaining a briefing rather than requiring permission to fly within 4km of an uncontrolled aerodrome
- Dispensing agrichemicals
- Operation of aircraft with a gross mass greater than 25kg
- Beyond Visual Line of Sight
- and more!
To be granted the privilege to operate outside the restrictions of any rule of Part 101 you must have a written exposition* that describes the procedures that you follow, and those procedures must result in an acceptable level of safety. CAA will assess your exposition and grant certification if they are satisfied with the procedures that you propose.
* A company written exposition to operate outside 101 rules starts from $2,500 + GST
The Part 102 Advanced Drone Pilot Certificate is run through Aviation Safety Management Systems who are true experts in their field. If you are looking for the highest quality drone training in New Zealand this is the course. please see below a list of dates:
- Auckland, 7 - 9 March 2022
- Virtual Course (Part 101) 4 - 7 April 2022 and Virtual Course (Part 102) 11 - 13 April 2022*
- Christchurch, 9 - 11 May 2022
- Auckland, 13 - 15 June 2022
- Virtual Course (Part 102), 4 - 6 July 2022*
- Christchurch, 8 - 10 August 2022
- Auckland, 19 - 21 September 2022
- Wanaka, 10 - 12 October 2022
- Virtual Course (Part 102), 14 - 16 November 2022*
- Auckland, 5 - 7 December 2022
* Virtual Course Flight Test - Once the course is completed the flight test date will be arranged. Auckland and Christchurch-based flight tests are included in the cost, if you want an examiner to travel to you there will be an extra cost. Online sessions are held every morning 8:30 am - 10:30 am on Zoom.
On day one of the course you will gather an in-depth understanding of the Part 101 rules and what they mean in practice. This includes:
- Understanding types of airspace, the restrictions that apply by type of airspace, Visual Navigation Charts, and when shielding can be used;
- What happens in airspace around aerodromes, including when shielding with a barrier can be used;
- Other Part 101 rules including visual line of sight, night operations, flight over people and property;
- Understanding NOTAMs and AIP Supplements;
- Issues around how the technology can fail - loss of control signal, loss of GPS, battery failures, fires, etc;
- Accident reporting under Part 101.
On the second day you will be covering more advanced topics that are required for pilots flying under a Part 102 certificate, including:
- The broader legal framework that applies to UAS operations, including aspects of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, privacy law, and trespass;
- Human factors, particular around human vision, night vision, fatigue, complacency;
- System failures;
- Low level manned operations;
- Hazard and risk management;
- Accident and incident reporting for Part 102 certificated organisations;
- Part 102 documentation and requirements.
Day three is the practical flight test.
If a course is booked and cancelled within 10 working days of the course start date there will be a 10% cancellation fee.
In the box
Part 102 Advanced Drone Pilot Certificate x 1
WHY BUY FROM US?
By buying from Ferntech, you'll have the confidence that you are dealing directly with New Zealand's leading drone experts. Our staff are knowledgable drone pilots who offer expert advice, trusted support and superior specialist service. Only through us will you receive a full New Zealand warranty, phone and email support, and access to our certified Repairs Centre with DJI-qualified drone technicians. And we guarantee that we will have the best prices on the market — if not let us know and we will match any price (conditions apply).
There's currently no reviews for this product, be the first to write one.